Re: BEGINNING OF TERM ARRANGEMENTS AT ST JOSEPH’S INFANT SCHOOL
Dear Parent / Carer
Following advice from Welsh Government and Neath Port Talbot Local Authority, schools are to be closed to all pupils for 2 days immediately after the Christmas break to assess staffing levels and prepare for the new term in light of ongoing concerns surrounding COVID 19. As such St Joseph’s Infants will be closed for all pupils on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th January. All pupils will return to school on Wednesday 6th January following the same arrangements as was carried out in the Autumn Term.
N.B. If there is a change in this date we will inform you on the 4th January. However, the school will still be open to vulnerable learners and children of critical workers on Wednesday January 6th and we emphasize that it is important for them to attend.
Please be alert for symptoms of COVID-19 in your child. If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild.
- Inform the Test, Trace and Protect (TTP) team who will be in daily contact with you
- If advised by TTP book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- Inform Saint Joseph’s Infant School (text URGENT) that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- Your child should remain in self-isolation
- All other household members should isolate for 10 days from when your child developed symptoms
- Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that your child is a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
- Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
For general information on COVID-19 https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
With best wishes,
Ms. J. Beaumont – Headteacher